Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / I wish intechnic kept the inlink out of this portal system... / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

I wish intechnic kept the inlink out of this portal system... (22)

Posted: 07/28/2005 5:51:07 PM

Reply Quoted  

I would have to agree with the others... Our in-portal site is currently just sitting there waiting until I have a month of free time to sit down and go through all of the learning and customization that is left to be done on it. The template system is overly complicated for what I need.

We will eventually be creating a couple more sites that will need a link directory and I would much prefer to use In-Link 2.3.4 or something else for them. I just can't dedicate that much time to customizing In-Portal everytime we launch a new site. It is prohibitively complicated for what we usually need to do.

Yes, In-Portal has some amazing features and is very powerful, but that is only if you know how to use it or are a programmer. I think a lot of us are just average Joe webmasters that felt comfortable with the skill level and time commitment offered by in-link, but feel overwhelmed by in-portal. Just my 2 cents...

Posted: 07/29/2005 10:01:25 AM

Reply Quoted  

jsprague wrote:07/28/2005 5:51:07 PM
I would have to agree with the others... Our in-portal site is currently just sitting there waiting until I have a month of free time to sit down and go through all of the learning and customization that is left to be done on it. The template system is overly complicated for what I need.

We will eventually be creating a couple more sites that will need a link directory and I would much prefer to use In-Link 2.3.4 or something else for them. I just can't dedicate that much time to customizing In-Portal everytime we launch a new site. It is prohibitively complicated for what we usually need to do.

Yes, In-Portal has some amazing features and is very powerful, but that is only if you know how to use it or are a programmer. I think a lot of us are just average Joe webmasters that felt comfortable with the skill level and time commitment offered by in-link, but feel overwhelmed by in-portal. Just my 2 cents...

Thanks Jason!

Posted: 08/07/2005 4:27:06 AM

Reply Quoted  

I have to agree with the general consensus here that In-link should be stand alone as it was a brillant product before being merged into In-portal.

It's all a bit too complicated and on the upgrades i have performed i had to sort out issues in both In-link and In-portal.

I have to say that out last directory we created using Gossamer Threads because I just couldnt face the hassle of configuring In-portal again.

I know it will be a hard decision for you guys to unplug in-link from In-portal but in my opinion it needs to be done.

Cheers
Brinley

Posted: 08/08/2005 9:18:19 AM

Reply Quoted  

miura wrote:08/07/2005 4:27:06 AM
I have to agree with the general consensus here that In-link should be stand alone as it was a brillant product before being merged into In-portal.

It's all a bit too complicated and on the upgrades i have performed i had to sort out issues in both In-link and In-portal.

I have to say that out last directory we created using Gossamer Threads because I just couldnt face the hassle of configuring In-portal again.

I know it will be a hard decision for you guys to unplug in-link from In-portal but in my opinion it needs to be done.

Cheers
Brinley

Thanks for your input Brinley!

Posted: 08/11/2005 2:03:10 PM

Reply Quoted  

jsprague wrote:07/28/2005 5:51:07 PM

Same here! Don't have the time to spend hours figguring out how the template system works. Same for the Language thingy. Takes days to built a new language. Nope I really really loved Inlink... In-portal is sitting, waiting and eatin dust.

Posted: 08/23/2005 8:44:18 PM

Reply Quoted  

[quote]
Cheers
Brinley
[/quote]

Dmitry, you heard a few people here that mainly and haivly using inlink. None of us saying that in-portal is bad or not good, It is an excellant program for who needs that kind of structure.
Give us you feedback on going back to original inlink as a stand alone aplication....

I want to see this more than anything out there...

[quote]
Its great to speak to you again.
Ian Conza
[/quote]

It is great to speak to you too Ian...
Ian i am not going to go back to any other script. After spending this much time with inlink from starting point to now, I feel like this script is mine. Also i do not see any other script out there even close to inlink functionality...

Anyway,
I would like to hear somthing that cheers me up these days...

thanks,
Media :cool:

[Edited By media on 08/23/05 8:45:27 PM]

Posted: 08/24/2005 10:51:58 AM

Reply Quoted  

media wrote:08/23/2005 8:44:18 PM
[quote]
Cheers
Brinley
[/quote]

Dmitry, you heard a few people here that mainly and haivly using inlink. None of us saying that in-portal is bad or not good, It is an excellant program for who needs that kind of structure.
Give us you feedback on going back to original inlink as a stand alone aplication....

I want to see this more than anything out there...

[quote]
Its great to speak to you again.
Ian Conza
[/quote]

It is great to speak to you too Ian...
Ian i am not going to go back to any other script. After spending this much time with inlink from starting point to now, I feel like this script is mine. Also i do not see any other script out there even close to inlink functionality...

Anyway,
I would like to hear somthing that cheers me up these days...

thanks,
Media :cool:

[Edited By media on 08/23/05 8:45:27 PM]

Hello Media!

And sorry about the issue with your profile.

Well, there is no feedback on this this moment, since we are extremely busy on releasing our new module - In-commerce. It will give you complete on-line store functionality. Coming very soon... :D

I'll keep you posted.

Thank you.

Posted: 07/11/2006 3:41:01 PM

Reply Quoted  

Man I tried to install In-Portal more than a year ago, but quit from frustration. Now, I'm trying again, but it's no good! :@

I agree In-Link standalone is better for what I need. These guys give lousy answers like they're busy with the commerce module etc. Well, I'd be happy if they just gave us a new template for In-Link 2! Instead they give us the old In-Link 2 template for the new In-Portal!?! Also, true the template system sucks for In-Portal. I have not seen one site with customization other then the logo! No wonder nobody entered the template contest here! that should tell you something; other portal template contests get many entries.

I'll try to update the In-Link 2 template on my own, but I wish somebody would post their templates.

Luckily I downloaded the In-Portal from a Russian pirate site and did not lose money!

Posted: 07/18/2006 1:03:05 PM

Reply Quoted  

malakaka wrote:07/11/2006 3:41:01 PM
Man I tried to install In-Portal more than a year ago, but quit from frustration. Now, I'm trying again, but it's no good! :@

I agree In-Link standalone is better for what I need. These guys give lousy answers like they're busy with the commerce module etc. Well, I'd be happy if they just gave us a new template for In-Link 2! Instead they give us the old In-Link 2 template for the new In-Portal!?! Also, true the template system sucks for In-Portal. I have not seen one site with customization other then the logo! No wonder nobody entered the template contest here! that should tell you something; other portal template contests get many entries.

I'll try to update the In-Link 2 template on my own, but I wish somebody would post their templates.

Luckily I downloaded the In-Portal from a Russian pirate site and did not lose money!

Hi,

I do hope you had enough trouble trying to install nullified In-portal . As a matter of fact, there been a lot changes in In-portal and other modules since it was hacked last time, so I guess you are missing out some new features .

In terms of the template system - yes it's more complex than In-link2 had, but tell me what do you expect less features and productivity? I'll be glad to email you dozens of the web sites running on In-portal including government and university ones. And let's wait until you introduce new CMS module.

Thank you for your feedback.

Posted: 08/03/2006 9:58:23 PM

Reply Quoted  

Dmitry wrote:07/18/2006 1:03:05 PM
malakaka wrote:07/11/2006 3:41:01 PM

Hi,

I do hope you had enough trouble trying to install nullified In-portal . As a matter of fact, there been a lot changes in In-portal and other modules since it was hacked last time, so I guess you are missing out some new features .

In terms of the template system - yes it's more complex than In-link2 had, but tell me what do you expect less features and productivity? I'll be glad to email you dozens of the web sites running on In-portal including government and university ones. And let's wait until you introduce new CMS module.

Thank you for your feedback.

Good Day Citizen Andreev!

I tested version 1.1.8 nulled, so I am not missing too many features! Installation is easy actually. My problem is it is too complicated, so I installed in-link 2. I'm not greedy, please post 2 or 3 links to in-portal which are well customised. I have no module, just template for in-link 2 because It is a good program with ugly graphics.

Have a good day Sir!

P.s. Are there many Russians in Chicago? Where do they hang out?

Page:     1 2 3